We started the year with the visit of the Pou brothers, Iker and Eneko with some friends. We were happy to have them around and they left expressing their desire how much they liked the new development and promised to come back to Chulilla.
These were, according to Eneko, the best 11 routes he climbed:
- Magnetorresistencia (6b+). Crag: Oasis. 40 m of continuous climbing on a system of arêtes. A physically and mentally tough alpine route. Highly recommended.
- El Ramallito (6c). Crag: Muro de las Lamentaciones. 40m. A fairly straightforward crack which gives way to crimps and small holds in the upper section. Essential.
- Plan Z (6c+/7a). Crag: Oasis. 30m of continuous climbing on crimps and coral. A classic route to onsight for people at that level. Highly recommended.
- El Muro de las lamentaciones (7a). Crag: Muro de las Lamentaciones. A feast for the senses on this 35m slab of crimps and tiny holds on perfect, blue limestone. Unmissable.
- Sendero Sinuoso (7a+). Crag: Oasis. 40m of varied climbing with the crux near the belay. Highly recommended.
- Cantalobos (7b). Sector: Pared de Enfrente. 20m of sustained, hard climbing, on an unusually intense, punchy route for Chulilla.Highly Recommended.
- Gran Dinosaurio Blanco (7b+). Crag: Cañaveral. A jewel of a 45-metre route with the crux in the last metre. Unmissable.
- Súper Zeb (7c/+). Crag: Pared Blanca. 40m of overhanging slabbed arête. One of the most technical routes I have climbed in Chulilla. Many metres of suffering for a most gratifying end. Highly recommended.
- Los Caminantes (7c+). Crag: Chorreras. Spectacular 50-metre route on technical tufas. The second half is espectaculares de chorrera técnica. La segunda parte es legendary. Unmissable.
- El Bufa (7c+/8a). Crag: El Balconcito. 40 metres of sustained climbing with the odd tufa, but mostly crimps with the crux near the end. Unmissable.
- El Agente Naranja (8a). Crag: El Balcón. 40m of crimps on orange rock. Very complete. Unmissable.
See you next time!
More information about their trip in their website www.pouanaiak.com